Skip to main content

My twin and I

Me myself my twin 

On my previous blog I started to tell you a little about myself, my driving force for the business and my family. I count myself as being incredibly lucky as I have a very close family, my Mum Dad and Sister are my best friends. My sister is more than that she is my identical twin, my double,  sometimes she drives me NUTS but I'm sure I do her too.



Above is one of my favourite pictures of us together when we were small, I think I love it because can really see our children in the photograph.


                  
First day of school


My twin and I were very lucky. We both always new what we'd like to do when we grew up, I only ever remember Fiona saying she wanted to be a teacher as for me becoming a hairdresser was written in the stars,  even on my first day of school. When asked by my teacher what I'd like to do. Because I  was so upset I replied "put rollers in your hair". 

In some ways my twin and I are very different, from our hobbies and interests to our taste in music,  Fiona is very musical but I couldn't play a note on anything, I loved horses and rode into my 20s. Our school and further education were totally opposite too, Fiona studying A levels and going on to university becoming at teacher, I am so very proud of all she's achieved. Whilst I finished school at 16 starting in salon full time only days after my last GCSE into career I love never looking back. Completing NVQs level 2 and 3. 
We do however share a love of reading and generally like the same authors and genres. We love dancing too.


People often ask me. "What's it like having a twin"  my answer is "brilliant".  
I don't have any other siblings so I can not compare  but I wouldn't ever want it to be different, she is my BEST friend. 

LOVE YOU 




Comments

  1. I was very moved reading this. I love my sister dearly, she is amazing and fabulous! I know that she is always there for me, through any crisis and moment of joy and appreciate it immensely.
    I not sure she knows how much she means to me and how I view her...you see, she is fearless, she has an inner strength that I am in awe of. She expresses herself eloquently and speaks to strangers with an ease I can only dream of. I find it really hard approaching people I don't know - Jac makes it look effortless. She is passionate, beautiful, strong and wonderful. My life is richer for having her in it and I am blessed to have her as my twin. YES...she too drives me NUTS but through all the nuttiness we are there for each other and always will be.
    I love her xx

    Love you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Official

Today was the day we met with Camhs for the follow up appointment with Elizabeth. We officially have a daughter diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder, Aspergers. 15 months after we started our journey.



I’d had a meeting with them a couple of weeks ago so I did know the diagnosis already, but I’d asked that they talk to her with me as she is completely in denial about it all, and thinks it is in my head. If I’m truly honest getting the official diagnosis hit me hard, although I’ve thought it for years being told it for absolutely sure was upsetting.  I truly hope at some point she realises that the whole process we’ve gone through is out of love for her, wanting to help other people understand her and at times our family dynamics. Why she behaves as she does in certain situations and why I react in certain situations that may seem harsh or bossy, or nit picking. Generally at these times I can see something brewing and I’m trying to get on top of her reactions or behaviour before i…

Autism, ASD, Asperger

You know
My daughter.  13years old and Perfect. 
Quirky, beautiful, caring, loyal, nervous, friendly, lonely, loving, unusual, thoughtful. PERFECT. 
I've always described my daughter as quirky, or her actions as a lizzisms. 
The start of our journey. Lizzi had some unusual behaviour at infant school,  when she was about 5 years old, she rocked constantly on her chair "went off into her special place" unfortunately we didn't have a very knowledgeable teacher, she wanted to refer to camhs but made it sound as though we were in trouble, and to be honest we panicked. She said some things that shocked me and we moved her school.

Fast forward a few years to the last year of primary school where Lizzi anxieties started to manifest, particularly with bus journeys.  The first major problem was the school residential trip which she was really looking forward to. But a few days before she started getting very upset about the upcoming bus ride.  A few children had mentioned to …

Changes Galore

Our continued journey 
After our psychiatric  appointment I was feeling quite positive things were moving forward and we were getting answers. I thought we'd get the support at school we needed but that wasn't to be the case, our psychiatrist wanted the school to refer her for cognitive psychometric testing however funding was an issue. So Dr Balal referred her himself.  
School This coincided with a particularly touch time at school, there was a number of bullying instances before half term with a few different children and I felt Lizzi was retreating into herself, she was quiet, more anxious, more highly strung and I was worried.  After half term I struggled again with getting her into school. 
We had been thinking of moving her to  Manor House School  for her GCSEs, an independent private school where their ethos is 'unlocking potential.  My husband my sister and I talked to Lizzi about the possibility of moving schools for this, she was so cross! I believe this was do…