Skip to main content

 From little acorns grow ....



I cannot begin to tell you how proud and honoured I am to be writing this blog post,  The business now has been running for nearly 11 years, I started out on my own in 2004 with 2 small rooms, 11years on I now have a team of stylists, 1 apprentice and 1 work experience whom I count among my friends.

I have been entering the salon into the Theo Paphitis Small business Sunday awards on Twitter for a while and on the 2nd February 2015 I was lucky enough to have been chosen along with 5 other winners, Wahooooo This is a great achievement and means so much to me that Theo Paphitis took the time to look at our business and has decided it’s one worthy of being acknowledged on his website, and of his support, I may even get to meet him at one of his events that I can now go to. http://www.theopaphitissbs.com/

I would like to Thank Theo Paphitis for this, My clients who without there wouldn't be a Tip Top Hair Design, My Staff and my family for their support.


The Official Winning Badge 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Official

Today was the day we met with Camhs for the follow up appointment with Elizabeth. We officially have a daughter diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder, Aspergers. 15 months after we started our journey.



I’d had a meeting with them a couple of weeks ago so I did know the diagnosis already, but I’d asked that they talk to her with me as she is completely in denial about it all, and thinks it is in my head. If I’m truly honest getting the official diagnosis hit me hard, although I’ve thought it for years being told it for absolutely sure was upsetting.  I truly hope at some point she realises that the whole process we’ve gone through is out of love for her, wanting to help other people understand her and at times our family dynamics. Why she behaves as she does in certain situations and why I react in certain situations that may seem harsh or bossy, or nit picking. Generally at these times I can see something brewing and I’m trying to get on top of her reactions or behaviour before i…

Autism, ASD, Asperger

You know
My daughter.  13years old and Perfect. 
Quirky, beautiful, caring, loyal, nervous, friendly, lonely, loving, unusual, thoughtful. PERFECT. 
I've always described my daughter as quirky, or her actions as a lizzisms. 
The start of our journey. Lizzi had some unusual behaviour at infant school,  when she was about 5 years old, she rocked constantly on her chair "went off into her special place" unfortunately we didn't have a very knowledgeable teacher, she wanted to refer to camhs but made it sound as though we were in trouble, and to be honest we panicked. She said some things that shocked me and we moved her school.

Fast forward a few years to the last year of primary school where Lizzi anxieties started to manifest, particularly with bus journeys.  The first major problem was the school residential trip which she was really looking forward to. But a few days before she started getting very upset about the upcoming bus ride.  A few children had mentioned to …

Changes Galore

Our continued journey 
After our psychiatric  appointment I was feeling quite positive things were moving forward and we were getting answers. I thought we'd get the support at school we needed but that wasn't to be the case, our psychiatrist wanted the school to refer her for cognitive psychometric testing however funding was an issue. So Dr Balal referred her himself.  
School This coincided with a particularly touch time at school, there was a number of bullying instances before half term with a few different children and I felt Lizzi was retreating into herself, she was quiet, more anxious, more highly strung and I was worried.  After half term I struggled again with getting her into school. 
We had been thinking of moving her to  Manor House School  for her GCSEs, an independent private school where their ethos is 'unlocking potential.  My husband my sister and I talked to Lizzi about the possibility of moving schools for this, she was so cross! I believe this was do…